Due Mon., Nov. 7
Worth 15 points. No late work accepted.
-Justin & Kenny: What was the last thing you regretted saying to someone?
-Michelle & Jenna: If you could travel back in time and give advice to your high school self what would it be and why?
-Alyssa & Ay-yana: What was the worst date you’ve ever been on?
-Kelley & Jasmine: If you could pick anyone to be president who would you choose?
-Lucia & Jake: What would you do if you won the Powerball?
-Kyle & Brian: If you could relive one day in your life which day would it be and why?
-Morgan & Steve: If you could have majored in any other subject what would it be and why?
- Being 12: Intro
- Being 12: If you give a 12-year-old a phone
- Being 12: What romance is like in middle school
- Being 12: On race
-To apply an innovative “digital-first” approach to traditional person on the street reporting
-To improve video shooting and editing skills
-To create a video with attention to an online audience
-To work with another person to report and produce news content
-A compelling, newsworthy question (must be approved ahead of time).
-Interviews must be conducted with at least eight (8) people; subjects should be diverse.
-Full names, ages, and occupation for each source required.
-Interviews should be edited into a compelling web-specific video.
Writing (2 points)
-Compelling, descriptive headline with key words
-Introductory text provides necessary context
-Full names, ages, and occupation of sources identified in appropriate location
Visual (3 points)
-Clean, compelling and well-framed visual of interview subjects
Audio (3 points)
-Clean, clear sound of interview subjects
Editing (3 points)
-Interviews edited in a clear, compelling manner with attention to digital audience
Content (4 points)
-On the street package provides content that is newsworthy, compelling, thought-provoking and/or fun to watch. (One way to measure this: Is this something you would share on social media with others?)
How to Post Your Assignment:
- Export your video and post it to a public YouTube or Vimeo account. (For instructions,see Final Cut Pro X tutorial.)
- Export a still image from your video. (For instructions, see Final Cut Pro X tutorial.)
- Create a post on ru0j2roughdraft.worpress.com.
- Embed your video in the post.
- Write a compelling headline that is clear, descriptive and uses key words.
- Write introductory text that provides necessary context for the video. Full names, ages, and occupation are required for each source in your video. If they are not included in the video using lower-thirds, then you must put them in the text of the post.
- Include bylines for each member of your team.
- Upload your still image as a featured image to the post.
- Publish it.